24th April, 2020
VAU Online Merchandise Terms and Conditions
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have a right to return items purchased from (VAU) and be provided with a refund, a replacement or a repair if the item is:
- not fit for purpose (for example, the item does not do what it said it would do);
- does not match the advertised description;
- is of unacceptable quality;
- is faulty, or it develops a fault within a reasonable period of time since purchase; or
- does not meet the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
If there is a minor issue with a product, such as a small defect that can be fixed with a repair, we may choose to make that repair instead of giving you a replacement or a full refund.
The consumer guarantees have no set time limit but will be determined on a case-by-case basis in accordance with n what is reasonable to expect given the type, cost and quality of the product purchased.
Change of mind returns
VAU has a ‘change of mind return’ policy which applies to any products purchased by you where you receive the product you purchased, but you later change your mind.
To be eligible for a ‘change of mind return’, you must:
- notify us of your change of mind within 30 days of purchase, by emailing [email protected];
- tell us whether you would like a refund or an exchange (for example, an exchange to a different size);
- return the product to us, by posting it to:” Exchanges and Returns” Victorian Ambulance Union Incorporated, PO Box 400, North Melbourne VIC 3056, Australia;
- pay your own shipping and postage costs to return the product;
- ensure that your product is unused and in the same condition that you received it. The product must be in its original packaging with any original tags and stickers attached. Garments that have been worn will not be accepted for a ‘change of mind’ return; and
- Provide us with a receipt or proof purchase.
VAU may accept any ‘change of mind returns’ in its discretion. If your misuse of the product has caused fault or damage to the product, your return may not be accepted.
Refunds will not be provided for sale items for ‘change of mind returns’. Product for product exchanges are also subject to availably.
Once your ‘change of mind return’ is received and inspected by us, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your item. We will also tell you whether we accept your return and whether we will provide you with a refund or an exchange. If we agree to provide you with a refund, a credit will be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
Unforeseen supply problems or unexpected demand may occasionally result in stock being unavailable. Should there be a delay in dispatching your order we will seek to contact you to tell you about the reason for the delay.