The Victorian Ambulance Union Incorporated (VAU) has negotiated a new opt-in income protection scheme for VAU members.
The new product provides far superior coverage, features and benefits for a significantly reduced cost to members.
BankVic’s Income Protection product is designed
specifically for paramedics. It provides cover to
assist you in being able to meet ongoing living
expenses in the event you unable to work due
to a serious injury or illness.
Having income protection ensures:
- Your regular income continues to help with your finances during extended leave due to illness or injury;
- You receive 90% of your salary, should you need to make a claim;
- Besides general living expenses such as:
- rent or home loan repayments;
- car and credit card repayments;
- childcare and school fees, and
- unforeseen future expenses.
The new product also includes cover for:
- Rehabilitation up to $10,000
- HIV/Hepatitus B & C infection up to $30,000
- Advance payments for fractures up to $5,000
- Death and Total Permanent Disability up to $200,000
Premium rates are charged as a percentage of your insured income rate based on you age and includes stamp duty and all other charges.