4th November, 2022
The Victorian Ambulance Union Incorporated (VAU) has received numerous complaints from MICA Paramedic Trainees about the MICA training program extending over the last several intakes.
Examples reported include:
- Members being forced to attend training or panel days on rostered days off.
- Members being forced to pay for their course tuition fees themselves.
- Late notice roster changes to accommodate placement.
- Delayed pay progression due to payroll not being informed at time of qualifying.
- Dismissive behaviour when raising concerns with Operational Capability.
The VAU is keen to hear from members any negative experiences they have had while undertaking the MICA program. Please forward any concerns or examples to [email protected].