4th August, 2022
Monash University Fees – MICA Course
The Victorian Ambulance Union Incorporated has received a lot of complaints and concerns regarding payment of fees for the Monash University MICA course. Our advice is not to pay any of your own money to Monash University. You should not have to pay for AV’s incompetence.
Members who are in semester 2 of MICA study were told by Ambulance Victoria (AV) on Tuesday afternoon that due to Operational Business requirements, the process for payment for Monash University fees had suddenly changed and members were required to either:
- Pay the fees to Monash University themselves ($6525) and be reimbursed within 48 hours.
- Apply for a FeeHelp loan to cover the fees and be reimbursed by AV within 48 hours.
Members were told they have four days to complete the above options otherwise MICA students will lose access to the course. Several members have already paid the course fee from their own money. The VAU does not suggest in anyway that Monash University is to blame for this error.
Our advice is not to pay any of your own money to Monash University. You should not have to pay for AV’s incompetence.
As best as we can decipher this appears the process that members should follow now:
- Fill out the reimbursement form and provide to the Post Graduate Specialist Education team with your fee invoice from Monash University attached.
- AV will then transfer the funds for the fees to you so that you can pay the fees to Monash.
- Provide the receipt for the payment to the PGSE team.